Complete and utter frustration

Now this is what you call frustration, I purchased 1 roll of woodland scenics track bed, purely because from looking at the length I thought it would be enough, clearly though, it wasn't enough, leaving me with gaps under the left side curve.

Fortunately though I got all the other track bed down without too much of a problem.

So my next step is to get another pack of track bed, which I will need for the yards anyway so most of is should get used up.

Then I'll wire in the power to the bus lead under the board to send a test train round on, this will pick up on any possible problems I may encounter before I take up all the track, go over it all with a track rubber and stick it down.

I'll then test it all again to be sure everything is fine before installing the point motors which will be controlled via dcc, I know some people don't like the idea of dcc points but I have no room for a control box and sometimes I'd like to sit down and watch trains go round, changing their tracks without having to get up to flick a switch, unless of course I come up with another method of point control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a DCC Decoder

DCC Decoder v3 Firmware

The Price of decoder parts