Dcc decoder v2 shield

Although I haven't updated much for a while, I have been working on things in the backround such as a printed shield for the dcc decoder scriot i am writing for the arduino.
So far I am on my second prototype but it will be the first with any components, mainly as the original was missing a route.
Now the good thing is that you do not have to use it with dcc, but can use it with pushbuttons (omit some components and change a few linea of code.)
The first picture is of the original prototype. PCB,  this one although could be used missed a connection to jp9 which meant that I would only be able to attach 10 instead of 11 servos to it.
The second picture shows the updated version, this has been fixed so all 11 servos can be attached and used. It also, as you may have noticed, got a few more component holes on it, this is to facilitate a learn button for reprogramming, as well as to incorporate the required components to reduce a 12v supply to a 5v supply.
All the components. I need to assemble the shield are on order from rapid, and once assembled, I will update with images of the finished shield, once that is done, I will need to alter some of the programming to allow for the arduino to remember the previous set base id as well as allowing it to be re programmedgrammed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a DCC Decoder

DCC Decoder v3 Firmware

The Price of decoder parts