Wait ages for one and two come along at once.

As not much has been done to the layout recently, the blog laid more or less dormant.
Though now of course two posts come up at once.


So recently my birthday came around and I gained a few extra wagons, now I already had the appropriate loco to pull them so I just had to chip it.

This however is where the problems started, once I installed the chip and reassembled the body, I noticed a strange issue with the lighting, only one ends lights, if any were on when they were meant to be on.

So a bit of fiddling later, almost giving up and returning it and checking the internet, I came across a couple of articles about the lights on Hornbys class 56.

Satisfied that it wasn't a dodgy unit, to a certain extent, and more of a manufacturing fault, I reinstalled the chip (having removed it earlier to test it on analogue control before almost giving up completely).

After cleaning the light contacts and making adjustments to the springs on the body to help improve the lighting power contacts I reassembled it once more.

Placing it on the track again and powering the lights up I found only one end was staying on again (damn it) so I tried one last thing, I loosened the screws on the end of the loco where the light were not working by just a fraction.

Placed it back on the track, and lo and behold, all the lights work perfectly and have done since.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a DCC Decoder

DCC Decoder v3 Firmware

The Price of decoder parts